The history of the Château
Château Perron is located near the Church of Lalande-de-Pomerol, built in the 12th century by the Hospitallers of St John of Jerusalem, Knights of Malta. The Château was built in 1642 and is one of the oldest wine estate of the appellation. Located in the heart of the Lalande-de-Pomerol appellation, Château Perron extends over 36 hectares of vineyards in the Lalande-de-Pomerol appellation.
A new impetus is emerging within our wine estate, we have significantly developed our vineyard with the help of a partner, the CROUVEZIER family from the Vosges, to move to the forefront of our appellation, from 23 hectares to 36. This development has allowed us to gain visibility for our wines on both the French and foreign markets due to the volume produced, but also to expand our range with a newborn wine, Château la Croix.
Nec Falerno Minor
The discovery of prehistoric remains in Lalande-de-Pomerol on the land of "PERRON"
During the construction of underground vats at Château Perron in 1960, prehistoric stones were discovered by digging deeply into the earth. These stones were dated to the Neolithic period of “Campinian” tradition, about 5000 years BC.
Some of these stones were still being prepared for polishing, while others were already polished. This discovery suggests that a polishing workshop was probably established at this location by prehistoric men, as evidenced by the stones analyzed by the curator of the Museum of Saintes at the time.
Thus, we have the opportunity to join the site of Saint-Germain-de-la-Rivière in Gironde where many testimonies of the life of prehistoric men also exist in our region of Libournais, and especially on the site of Château Perron.