The History of Château Perron
At the heart of the Lalande-de-Pomerol appellation, Chateau PERRON covers 36 hectares of vines in AOC Lalande-de-Pomerol. Chateau PERRON has been the property of the Massonie family for three generations. Since 1958, the management of Chateau Perron has been family-run, first with Auguste Massonie and his son Michel-Pierre MASSONIE. Since 2000, his three children, Beatrice, Bertrand and Thibaut represent Chateau Perron.
A new impetus is emerging within our property, we have considerably developed our vineyard with the help of a partner, the CROUVEZIER family from the Vosges, to rank first in our Appellation. That to say from 23 hectares to 36 hectares. This evolution has enabled us to gain visibility for our wines on the French and foreign markets by the volume produced, but also to expand our range with a new wine, Chateau la Croix.
Prehistoric men on the land of Château Perron in Lalande-de-Pomerol
In 1960, during the creation of underground vats at Chateau Perron, it was found into the earth many prehistoric stones dating from the Neolithic period of “Campanian” tradition (5000 years before Jesus Christ).
Some stones were prepared for polishing while others were already polished.
We can therefore deduce that there was at this place a polishing workshop in which prehistoric men worked. (Stones appraised, at the time, by the curator of the Museum of Saintes).
So, we have the possibility of reaching the site of Saint-Germain-de-la-Rivière in Gironde where many testimonies of the life of prehistoric men also exist in our beautiful region of Libourne and especially on the site Chateau Perron.